Friday, March 18, 2011

Seven Quick Takes

-1-
Ken's parents arrived safely on Wednesday.  It is so nice to have a few extra hands around the house!

-2-
The St. Patrick's Day Party last weekend went really well.  We had a small crowd and are enjoying the leftovers.

-3-
Camille seems to be constantly in trouble lately.  I'm not sure if she's really in more trouble or if I'm just being impatient with her antics.

-4-
Meghan has had her blood drawn 3 times in the last week.  Every person that has tried has had to stick her at least twice.  Today was the last straw for me.  I gave them 2 chances and after they didn't get any blood, I told them I would do it myself.  (I promise I was polite.)  Fortunately I was able to draw ample blood for all of the tests she needed, including one that has been re-ordered 3 times due to insufficient amounts of blood.  The nurses said they could never poke their own child with a needle.  For me it was more painful to hold her and listen to her scream as people kept missing than to just do it.  I am a little bit traumatized after-the-fact, but luckily Meghan has forgotten about it and still loves her mommy.

-5-
So far Meghan's blood tests have come back slightly abnormal and are somewhat pointing in the direction of a kidney disorder.  We still don't know for sure and probably won't for at least a week longer.

-6-
Meghan still has fluid in both of her ears and isn't sleeping.  She is going to the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor next week.  I am hopeful they will be able to squeeze her into their schedule to put in tubes before we leave.

-7-
Pray for my friend Lorrie.  She is a week overdue and hopefully having her baby in the next 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment