Friday, March 4, 2011

Seven Quick Takes

-1-
Hooray!  I at least knew it was Friday today.  I am having a hard time keeping track of the days and even which month we are in.  Just slightly discombobulated.

-2-
I have not packed a single box yet.  I'm not in denial that we're moving in 3 weeks.  I just have so many things to do that I don't know where to start.  I wish I had a sister here...

-3-
Meghan had an ear and weight check-up today at the Pediatrician's.  She still has an ear infection (round 3 of antibiotics), lost weight again, and the Dr. detected a heart murmur.  Thankfully I work in Pediatric Intensive Care and work quite a bit with Pediatric Cardiologists.  We have an appointment right away Monday morning to get her heart looked at.

-4-
Meghan had blood drawn today to check her thyroid, liver, and blood cells.  She's such a calm child.  She didn't even cry, just sort of looked at the nurses and wondered what they were doing.

-5-
My scientific writing consultant business has taken off quickly...a little too quickly.  I have secured 20 hours of guaranteed work per week as well as additional hours intermittently.  I may never have to work in a real office again!

-6-
The value of homes has dropped $8,500 in the last month.  Sweet Gainesville house, please wrap your welcoming arms around the next people that come to see you.

-7-
My friend Stephanie is currently in Ethiopia picking up her son.  She and her husband have been waiting to adopt for over 2 years.  Please include her in your prayers for safe travels, quick attachment to her new son, and a trouble-free return home.  She is a US citizen, her husband is a Canadian citizen.  Her travel visa had expired (long story) so she has to fly into the US and then drive across the border to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment