Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY




Outside my window...the sun is shining and it is warm out!!!

I am thinking...I will purchase a camera this week.  Several times a day I miss having a camera to capture the growth of these two cuties.  For some reason I had a feeling that cupid would arrive with one...off to Amazon.com I go!
I am thankful for...the diverse backgrounds our friends come from.  This past weekend we went to a benefit dinner for the Catholic crisis pregnancy center, A Woman's Answer, on Friday with our fabulous Catholic friends, a Chinese New Year party on Saturday at Ken's friend's house, and enjoyed ceviche for dinner with some of our Ecuadorian friends on Sunday.


From the learning rooms...I am happy to announce that after a LOT of work Camille can finally write/spell her name!  Her hardwork will be appearing soon in some of your mailboxes.


From the kitchen...breaded chicken with rice, green beans, and crescent rolls for dinner.  Yum!  I am working on emptying the pantry.

I am creating...some cloth napkins.  I purchased a sewing machine on Black Friday that works pretty well, so I have mended quite a few articles of clothing and am working on some dinner and cocktail napkins in a fun Florida print.


I am going...a little bit crazy trying to finalize the data for my thesis.  Two mentors are not better than one.


I am reading...scholarly articles for the background portion of my thesis.  Each article is one step closer to graduation!

I am hoping...our house sells quickly.  The house has already been listed by the realtor.  A quick home sale would be an enormous blessing for us right now.  We will be praying that St. Joseph intercedes on our behalf.


I am hearing...the girls playing on the porch.  With the house for sale, I have quarantined their toys to the porch.

Around the house...everything is tidy and hidden away in closets.  Now I have to clean the closets!


One of my favorite things...going to work at 5AM.  I accomplish so much work before everyone else arrives, and I love the peacefulness of my office.


A few plans for the rest of the week: I am taking a few computer classes at work to learn the finer points of a new reference program I would like to use.  I would also like to finish the cloth napkins I started making.  Hopefully this week will be less stressful than the last few have been.  Both Ken and I could use a break!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...Ken and Camille are putting water into Ken's Dad's electric bird bath!  (This photo is from our visit at Christmas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment