Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Note: I wrote this post waaay before we left for vacation, but forgot to post it!  Ooops!

Woohoo!  Today is definitely a day to count blessings!

1. Exercise!  It was workout day #2 for my friend Laura and I.  She drives over to my house at 6AM and then we go work out for about an hour while our husbands and kids sleep.  When I'm getting up that early, it is so wonderful to have a buddy to say "good morning" to.  Thanks, Laura!

2. The Chilean miners have all been rescued.  Ken and I have been watching the event live on-line for the past several days.  It makes me proud to be Chilean.

Oh wait...I guess I just got caught up in the moment.  Honestly, though, the rescue was really heart-warming.

3. Milk!  Meghan is a few weeks shy of 6 months old, and I have been able to pump enough milk for her every day to bring to daycare.  When Camille was this age, I had a dwindling supply and a lot of stress in providing enough for her.  I have so much milk in the freezer right now, I'm running out of space for big people food.  Praise God I am able to completely provide for my daughter without the added stress!

4. A clean desk!  My desk at work is slowly getting more visible as I have gotten caught up on many projects the past few months.  (The physician that usually demands the most of my time has been studying for his boards.  I am sooo thankful for the break!)

5. An understanding boss and husband!  For quite some time, I have felt God calling me to stay home with the kids.  Right now our weekdays consist of whisking them off to daycare at 7:30AM and picking them up at 5:45PM.  By the time we get home, have dinner and take showers, it is time for bed.  This means we only get to see our kids awake for less than 2 hours a day.  I knew something had to change.  Thankfully my boss is going to let me work 2 12 hour days in the office and 3 hours in the very early AM before Ken goes to work.  This means only 2 days of daycare for the kids and I get to stay home with them the rest of the week!  We are sooo looking forward to this change in our lives starting November 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment