Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... the trees and flowers are filling in nicely.  I have really missed watching the seasons change.
I am thinking... these classes I am taking at the Y are going to be the death of me.  I had no idea that I was soooo out of shape!
I am thankful for... Granny watching Camille today while I rushed Meghan off to the pediatrician for a pre-op physical.  Naps went longer than I had intended, and Camille was not quite awake enough to get dressed and rush out the door.
From the kitchen... I am failing this stay-at-home mom stuff.  I guess I better make a menu this week.
I am wearing... jean and a T-shirt.  I am still accepting that I only really need one pair of shorts while living in Minnesota.
I am creating... a grocery list.  (Yes, I know, boring.)
I am going... to a Zumba class tomorrow.  I went to my first one ever last Friday and had a great time!
I am reading... ummm....Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown.
I am hoping... Ken and I find a way to meet more couples with children.  We could really use a night of entertainment including adults. 
I am hearing... Granny listening to the Twins game upstairs.  One-hundred and sixty-nine games per season and she doesn't miss a single one.  I just heard her mutter, "oh, he shaved off his mustache."  Yes, she really knows the team that well.
Around the house... everything is pretty much cleaned up and has a home.
One of my favorite things... Camille and Meghan are so affectionate.  Camille gave me a snuggle and an "I love you" after I read her a story tonight, and Meghan likes to give me a little kiss on the cheek when I put her into her crib at night.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Meghan is having her eye surgery on Friday morning so we are not making any other plans for the weekend.
Here is a picture I thought of sharing...
Meghan received one nasty bite from another child today at the YMCA.  Amazingly, the child also had a pacifier in his mouth when he bit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment